Friday, November 10, 2017

Make something you love HOUSTON!

AHHH, So Cricut came to town on Monday! I bought my ticket right away and Cricut didn’t disappoint! It was held at the JW Marriott in the Galleria and they have an event hall. So when you walked in, there were a bunch of Cricut Makers set up showing a variety of projects. This photo is from Patty Arnett. I took a picture and put it on my Instagram story, but didn’t save it(shocker: It was my first time using instagram’s story feature and I forgot to save!)


Later this year, Cricut is going to release a Knife blade that will cut thick chipboard and thin balsa wood. This blade was the primary reason I purchased the Maker, and I’m anxiously awaiting for Cricut to release it!

There were two projects that we got to make.  I was on the blue team, so we made the keychain first. This is the project image on the left, and mine one the right, mine did not look as good, because I haven’t sewn in at least 15 years.

I was at Joann’s last night teaching a class, and I confirmed that they had all the supplies for this project, and duh, they did. I didn’t buy the supplies, because these would make great easy to make Christmas gifts!

 



The other project involved slicing, attaching, welding to make a frame for a photo we had the opportunity to take at one of the stations. I’ve seen this beautiful set-up from Damask love and other cricut I️ Was beyond thrilled that they set up this photo booth and even had a printer for a later project!


That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by!